Connect with us

Cosmopolitan

Travis Scott Releases Statement Addressing Mass Casualty Event

Published

on

CmaTrends

Travis Scott has released a statement following the tragic events at the 2021 Astroworld Festival at NRG park in Houston.

As previously reported, there were eight confirmed deaths and many more people injured during the first day of the huge festival, Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo confirmed Friday night. The fatalities and injuries appear to have been caused when a huge mass of people began to surge toward the front of the stage around 9:15 p.m., causing dozens of people to be crushed. Shortly after it was noticed that attendees were being injured and worse, officials asked Travis to ended the show and he complied. But not before some people at the show say the Texas native continued perform amid the chaos for several minutes.

There were reportedly 50,000 people in attendance. According to Houston Police Chief Troy Finner there were 367 police officers and 241 security officers assigned to control the event. Over 300 people were treated for injuries onsite. Over a d people were transported to local hospitals. Many of those people suffered form cardiac arrest. One of the deceased is said to he a 10-year-old. The cause of death for the eight vitimcs has not been determined. There are also reports of rumors that some concertgoers were injected with drugs. The Houston Police Department is currently investigating tragic incident.

“My job as the Chief of Police is to make sure that we find out what happened,” Finner told the press Friday night. “We will treat it as an investigation because we don’t know. I have investigators out here on the scene. I’m sending investigators to the hospitals because we just don’t know, and we will find out. So, pray for these families. I think that that’s very important. Everybody in our city pray for these families and, and we gon’ get through it, but we’re gonna do an investigation and find out because it’s not fair to the producers, to anybody else involved until we determine what happened, what caused the surge. We don’t know, but we will find out, and is there anything criminal? We’ve heard rumors of people injecting some people with drugs, so, I want to check all that out.”

After the show, some people who were in attendance hopped on Twitter to relay their harrowing experiences. Many talked about being trapped in the mass of people and fighting for their lives to get free. Others talked about seeing dozens of people passed out and bloodied, and even seeing dead bodies on the ground.

The second day of the festival has been canceled. On Saturday morning (Nov. 6), The Astroworld Fest’s official Instagram account offered a statement about the incident. “Our hearts are with the AstroWorld Festival Family tonigt,” it starts. “Especially those we lost and their loved ones. We are focused on supporting local official however we can. With that in mind, the festival will no longer be held of Saturday. As authorities mentioned in their press conference earlier, they are looking into the series of cardiac arrests that took place. If you have any relavent information on this, please reach out to @HoustonPolice. Thank you to our partners at the Houston Police Department, Fire Department and NRG Park for their response and support.”

XXL has reached out to Travis Scott’s team for comment.

Here Are 20 Signs You’re a Travis Scott Fan

La Flame’s fan base is ready to rage at a moment’s notice.