The remembrance of Christmas has now become widespread among Christians. Christmas is an annual festival believed to honor the conception of Jesus Christ, mainly observed on the 25th of December as a cultural and religious festival by billions of people across the world.
But some Christian religious bodies (church) refuse to celebrate Christmas, and below are the six churches that do not celebrate Christmas
1. SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH: The Church is strongly against the celebration of Christmas. A publication from them reads: “We do not celebrate Christmas as the Birth of Christ by claiming that Christ was not born in December.”
He won’t want us to celebrate his birth, or He (Christ) would have asked us when he was born. It has become a festival of money-making with Christ mixed in. It’s a ritual of pay.
2. JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES: This religious group is one of the largest groups that detest the celebration of Christmas. For quite some time, Jehovah’s Witness had been celebrating Christmas. This was until 1928, after further research by an official.
The official found that this was based on “false religious beliefs or practices.” CmaTrends reports that this is explained in a 1993 book, “Jehovah’s Witness-Proclaimers of the Kingdom of God.”
3. DEEPER LIFE: A few years earlier, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, leader of the church, announced to the world that his Church is not celebrating common holidays. Explaining the retreat in 2013. He said, “We’re not celebrating Christmas or singing Christmas carols because Christmas is an idolatrous history.”
4. RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS AKA QUAKERS. This church teaches that “every day is a holy day,” so there is no need to commemorate a particular day.
5. MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRIES (MFM): According to the founder of the Church, Dr. D.K. Olukoya, “We do not celebrate Christmas because the source is satanic”
6. GOD’S KINGDOM SOCIETY (GKS): GST insists that there was no single proof that Christ was born on December 25. Instead, they claim that he was born in October and that Christmas arose from a “noisy pagan festival in honor of the god of the sun
The church was founded by St. Gideon Meriodere Urhobo in 1934, after the leaven of Jehovah’s Witnesses, with headquarters in Crusader.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from CMATRENDS.