Age: 42 Years
Wife: Suma Raju
Height: 6′ 0″
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ramachandran Raju
- Ramachandran Raju is an Indian actor, who has primarily worked in the South Indian film industry. He is well-known for playing the character of the main antagonist, Garuda, in the film KGF: Chapter One.
- Ramachandran, before debuting in KGF, was working as a bodyguard and a driver for Yash; the main protagonist of the KGF film.
- In 2016, director Prasanth Neel offered the role of Garuda to Ramachandran. The movie was released in 2018.
- Prasanth Neel was very impressed by the towering appearance of Ramachandran and because of his physique, Prasanth Neel offered him a role in his film, immediately. In an interview, Ramachandran said,
I was there as a bodyguard to Yash boss. I was calmly standing beside Yash when the director Prasanth Neel had come to his house to offer him the main lead role for the movie, KGF. He saw me, and took a big long gaze at me and asked Yash if I could come to his office for an audition. I did not know what was actually going on and was standing there in utter confusion. Yash boss immediately agreed to send me to Prasanth Neel’s office, where I gave my audition for the film in which I was later on chosen to debut.”
- In 2021, Ramachandran made his debut in the Tamil film industry, with the film titled, Sultan. In the film, he played the role of a character called Jayaseelan.
- In 2021, Ramachandran was offered the role of Pedha Perumal, in the Tamil superhit movie, Kodiyil Oruvan.
- In 2021, Ramachandran also played the role of Dhanunjay in the film, Maha Samudram.
- In the same year, he was offered a role in the Tamil film AV33.
- In 2021, Ramachandran was offered the role of Tandava, in the Kannada blockbuster movie, Madhagaja.
- Ramachandran, in 2021, played the role of JD in the Kannada film, Rider.
- In the film Bhala Thandanana, Ramachandran played the role of Anand Baali, in 2021.
- In 2022, Ramachandran played the role of Bada Raju in the film Malayali film titled, Aaraattu. Through the film, he made his debut in the Malayali film industry.
- Ramachandran also made a few cameo appearances in different films. In 2022, he made a cameo appearance in the film Bheemla Nayak. Where he was shown as a prisoner in the title song of the film.
- Ramachandran made another cameo appearance in the film, KGF: Chapter Two. He appears to be a part of a flashback, which narrates the story of Garuda.
- Ramachandran, in 2021, was offered another Tamil film titled, Jana Gana Mana. In the same year, the actor was offered his first lead role in the Malayali film, Sthambam 2.
- Ramachandran has a huge fan following across the country. He has several fan clubs named after his first protagonist role, in KGF. During an interview, he stated,
I absolutely love it when people recognise me by my screen name Garuda. They look at me and say, its Garuda. I never had imagined that I will be loved so much by so many people across the country.”
- Ramachandran has known Yash for nearly ten years. In an interview, he stated,
I have known Yash since Moggina Manasu days. In fact, I have been friends with Yash and director Anil for so many years and we all wanted to work together someday. Nothing concrete came up. We were waiting for the right project to show up.”
- Ramachandran was supported extensively by Yash. While giving an interview, Ramachandran recalled,
Yash boss supported me when I needed him the most. He once told me, that I should just focus on enhancing my acting skills. He supported me financially as well. This I can never forget.”
- Ramachandran idolizes Yash a lot. He once said in an interview,
I have seen Yash grow to stardom in the film industry through hard work and determination. I have idolized him since ever.”
- Ramachandran wanted to become an actor. This had been his dream for a long time.
- To act in KGF, Ramachandran attended various acting workshops for almost 1.5 years.
- Ramachandran did not have any idea, regarding what role will he be playing, in an interview, he said,
I didn’t knew anything about what role I was being casted for. Prasanth Neel sir didn’t tell me anything. I only knew, that this was an important role in the film, for which I was training hard. But had no idea that I was to be the main villain in the film itself. I did not expect the film and my role to be so powerful. It was only when the film released that I became aware of its success…that was when it hit me that KGF was indeed a very big project. We all knew it was a great film, but never had dreamt of it becoming a pan-Indian hit movie.”
- Ramachandran’s role as Garuda, in the film KGF, earned him a compliment from Sanjay Dutt. In an interview, he said,
When I met Sanju Baba for the first time, he told me – Garuda ke role me pehli bar dekh ke bohot darr laga (I got very scared when I saw you as Garuda for the first time).”
- Ramachandran is a fitness enthusiast and he emphasises upon maintaining a good physical physique.
- Ramachandran believes, that the release of the film, KGF, would earn the Kannada film industry, respect from different film industries. In an interview, he exclaimed,
The film is the pride of the Kannada cinema. It sent the message that we are no way inferior to other film industries. Even the attitude of actors has changed a lot. People have realised that there are many new ways that one can approach a role or a story.”