Age: 77 Years
Wife: Chitra Srinivasan
Some Lesser Known Facts About N. Srinivasan
- N. Srinivasan is an Indian industrialist and the Managing Director of India Cements Limited (ICL), which owns IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings. He also remained the Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the President of BCCI.
- He is the eldest of two boys and two girls. As a teenager, he was a great Tennis player. His coach T.K. Ramanathan once said,
“If you want to win against this kid, you will have to defeat him. He will never give up and lose.”
- His father died when he was doing Masters of Science in Chemical Engineering in 1968. After hearing about his father’s demise, he returned to India and joined India Cements as a Deputy Managing Director. He also worked with K.S. Narayan, the son of Shankarlingam.
- During the early 1980s, his relationship with the other founder’s son turned sour. He was then dropped from this position and any control of the company’s operation.
- But Srinivasan fought hard to get back his lost stature. In 1989, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) came to power in Tamil Nadu, Srinivasan bought the IDBI’s stake by taking the help of his close friend and the late politician, Murasoli Maran, nephew of the DMK leader M. Karunanidhi.
- In the same year, the government relaxed its control. As time went by, India Cements became the largest cement producer in South India with around ₹ 3,500 crores. They acquired Coromandel Cement in Cuddapah, Andhra Pradesh which had an installed capacity of 2.6 million tonnes (mt) per annum.
- Srinivasan then extended his reach into several areas like shipping. India Cements had a capacity of 3.5 Metric Tonne which touched 9 MT over the next four years.
- N. Srinivasan was involved in several scams including betting on IPL cricket matches and corruption involving politician Jagan Mohan Reddy. In March 2014, he was ordered by the Supreme Court of India to quit as BCCI President in order to facilitate an uninterrupted investigation into the scam of IPL betting.
- On 26 June 2016, he was again elected as the president of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association in an election held during the TNCA’s annual general meeting in Chennai.
- He became the Secretary of the BCCI before becoming the President. In 2014, Jagmohan Dalmiya took over the role of Secretary of the BCCI after Srinivasan left this position.
- He is a Managing Director of Indian Cements that owns the IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK). He bought this franchise in 2008 for 91 million dollars or ₹ 480 crores. He is also the president of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA). Besides this, he also held other roles like President of the Tamil Nadu Golf Federation and former President of the All India Chess Federation.
- He was again elected as the President of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association for the 14th consecutive time at its 85th Annual General Meeting in Chennai.
- On 12 June 2015, Srinivasan succeeded A. C. Muthiah as the head of the TNCA since 2002-03. On 26 June 2014, he became the first chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC). However, on 9 November 2015, he was removed from this post.
- The first time he became the vice-chairman and managing director of India Cements was in the year 1989. Under his reign, brands like Raasi Cements were merged with India Cements.
- He then served as the President of the Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry from 1996 to 1998 and is a member of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). From 1991 to 2006, he became the President of the Cement Manufacturer Association for five terms and chairman of the board of Governors of the National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) for four terms from 1991 to 2006. He also became the Chairman of the Development Council for the Cement Industry constituted by the Government of India for two terms from 1992 to 1996.
- Besides this, he was also the President of The Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI) for two terms between 1996 and 1998. He was then the President of the All India Organisation of Employers. In September 2019, he was appointed for the third time on the Board by Andhra Pradesh Government.
- During 1995-97, Srinivasan was the Captain of the Kodaikanal Golf Club. He is also the President of the Tamil Nadu Golf Federation and the Chairman of M.M. Forgings Ltd.
- Srinivasan is a superstitious person. He has kept the Ganesh temple outside the Chepauk Stadium, Chennai. He believes that Lord Ganesh is keeping a watch over his work as the head of TNCA.
Cosmopolitan11 mins ago
“Wouldn’t Mahesh Babu Opt-Out Of Those Scenes By Himself…”
Cosmopolitan15 mins ago
FLX to Produce Thriller ‘An Honest Life’ Based on Joakim Zander’s Novel
Cosmopolitan29 mins ago
Cook With Comali 3 Today’s Episode 21st May 2022 Pairing & Advantage Task Begin
Cosmopolitan31 mins ago
Sam Frank leaked Onlyfans Video Goes Viral on Twitter and Reddit >
Cosmopolitan41 mins ago