Age: 33 Years
Profession: Actor, Director, Anchor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mrunmayee Deshpande
- Mrunmayee Deshpande is an Indian actress, who is known for her work predominantly in the Marathi cinema.
- Mrunmayee scored 79% marks in her XII standard exams and took admission in SP College, Pune, as she was immensely inspired by the art circle of the college. Speaking about her decision of choosing this college in an interview, she said,
The college was a regular winner at many prestigious theatre competitions and since I had been acting in plays since school, this was a perfect place to hone my skills,”
- She knew from her college days that she wanted to do something big and she quoted in an interview,
The first time I walked through the college gate, I told myself that though I am an unknown face today, the day I finish my graduation, every person here would remember my name,”
- Mrunmayee started her career with a Marathi movie titled It’s Breaking News in 2007. Following that, she gave her debut performance in the Hindi movie, Humne Jeena Seekh Liya. Subsequently, she did various films in the Marathi industry, such as Ek Cup Chya (2009), Aandhali Koshimbir (2013), Sata Lota Pan Sagla Khota (2014), Katyar Kaljat Ghusali (2015), and Natsamrat (2016).
- In 2016, Mrunmayee tied the knot with businessman, Swapnil Rao, who is a Permaculture Designer, on 3 December, in a traditional Maharashtrian wedding ceremony. Post which they went to New Zealand for their honeymoon.
- After her wedding, Mrunmayee gave some other brilliant performances in films, like Farzand (2018), Bogda (2018) Shikari (2018), and Fatteshikast (2019).
- Later, she tried her hand in directing a Marathi film titled Mann Fakiraa in 2020. She shared her journey of becoming a director in an interview and said,
The story came to me suddenly while I was stuck in traffic somewhere in Borivali. It was around 12.30 post-midnight and I was dead tired returning from an event, however, the story I thought kept lingering my head. So I immediately called up my friend Soumil Shrungarpure, who also happens to be the film’s music director. I told him that I have a story in mind that I was thinking of, what do I do about it? He told me one thing -start writing it, it will happen someday. This conversation happened seven years back. So here I am fulfilling my dream of writing and directing what I thought of seven years back. Though the preparations of the film started two years back, the whole conceptualisation took me seven years.”
- Mrunmayee devised a unique way of promoting her film by carrying placards and appealing to the audience to watch the film, Mann Fakiraa. The cast of the film took it into their hands and carried the placards along with their director Mrunmayee Deshpande to go out and promote their film.
- She has also worked as an anchor in various TV shows, including ‘Yuva Singer Ek Number’ (2019) on Zee Yuva, Marathi singing show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs’ (2021) on Zee Marathi, and comedy show ‘Comedychi bullet train’ on Colors Marathi.
- Mrunmayee Deshpande can also be seen on Amazon Prime Video’s Hindi drama series Mumbai Diaries 26/11 as Dr. Sujata Ajawale.
- Mrunmayee is an avid social media user and regularly posts on Instagram and Facebook.
- She is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Carbon, a Golden Retriever.
- Mrunmayee is an adventurous person and loves to go on trekking and motorcycling.