Connect with us

News

How A Family Survived Gas Explosion In Anambra

Published

on

CmaTrends

CmaTrends reports that a residential building was on Friday morning gutted by fire at No 5 Abakiliki Road, Awka, Anambra State.

CmaTrends

The incident, which occurred around 1.50 am, was caused by cooking gas.

It was gathered that one of the occupants was cooking but slept off.

State Director, Fire Service, Martin Agbili, an engineer, confirmed the incident. He said his men rushed to the scene after receiving a distress call.

He said the roof of the house and its content were burnt but no death was recorded.

He said: At about 0150hrs (1.50am) of today (Friday), Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of a fire outbreak in a residential house at No 5 Abakiliki Road behind St Joseph the Worker Catholic Church and the back of Paktonia Hotel, Awka.

“We deployed immediately our firefighters and fire truck and moved in and we have fought the fire to a standstill.

“A family cooking with their cooking gas slept off and left what they were cooking unattended.

“The roof of the house and its content was completely burnt but we saved the building and surrounding buildings.

“The fire is under control now and there was no loss of life.”