Husband: Varun Alagh
Age: 33 Years
Marital Status: Married
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ghazal Alagh
- Ghazal Alagh is an Indian corporate trainer and woman entrepreneur. She is the co-founder of the Mamaearth brand. This brand deals in products related to health, fitness, baby care, and wellness. She is the founder of TheDermaCo. She appeared as one of the judges of the Indian Business reality show Shark Tank India in 2021.
- Soon after finishing her college studies at Panjab University, Ghazal Alagh began working at NIIT Limited at Chandigarh in 2008. At NIIT, she was a trainer of software applications such as SQL, J2ME, and Oracle. A diet plan website titled Dietexpert.com was started by Ghazal Alagh in 2012 that provides a customised diet plan based on the weight, age, lifestyle, and blood group of its customers. More than 2k people follow this website. The Honasa Consumer Pvt Ltd (Mamaearth) was started by Ghazal Alagh in 2015 at Gurgaon, India. She began working as its Chief Innovation Officer. In 2021, Ghazal Alagh was one of the seven judges of the Indian Business reality show ‘Shark Tank India’ telecasted on Sony Entertainment. Vineeta Singh, Peyush Bansal, Namita Thapar, Ashneer Grover, Anupam Mittal, and Aman Gupta were the other six judges of the show who were called the ‘Sharks.’
- Over the period of time, the Mamearth brand earned international customers too under the leadership of Ghazal Alagh. Apart from India, Mamaearth often takes orders from countries including Bangladesh and Nepal.
- According to Ghazal Alagh, her business mentor is Vivek Gambhir, the CEO of boAt. She said in an interview with a media house that she admired Vivek’s balanced viewpoints towards things in the business. Ghazal Alagh said,
Vivek Gambhir (CEO of boAt). I admire Vivek for his balanced perspective of things and how he pushes you to think 360 degrees. Being an entrepreneur, you sometime end up getting too involved in certain aspects of work but it is imperative to take a step back and look at the overall picture.
- Various renowned Indian magazines and tabloids often feature Ghazal Alagh on their cover page.
- In a conversation with a media house, Ghazal Alagh narrated that she was an early riser. She regularly did yoga for thirty minutes which was continued with newspaper reading. Ghazal Alagh revealed her daily routine mantra to her fans in the same conversation. Ghazal Alagh said,
I am an early riser. I wake up at 5:30 am and that’s my “me” time. I do some yoga followed by reading for 30 min to an hour. I then plan my day’s schedule. I would recommend everyone should try the early morning schedule; it has been a game changer for me.
- The prominent Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra invested in Ghazal Alagh’s venture ‘Mamaearth’ in 2019. Shilpa Shetty often advertises the baby care products of Mamaearth on Indian television.
- Ghazal Alagh is often spotted enjoying alcohol on her social media pictures.
- According to Ghazal Alagh, she decided to begin her own baby skincare products under her own brand when her own son got allergic to the baby care products available in the market. She stated in an interview with a media house that at that time there were no toxin-free products easily available in the Indian market. She said,
My first child, Agastya, was severely allergic as an infant, and we could only use toxin-free products for him. That’s when my husband and I realized that there were no toxin-free baby care products available easily in the Indian market.”
In the same conversation, Ghazal Alagh gave three pieces of advice to the budding Indian businesswomen. She said,
Be kind to yourself, Be okay with a B in some things, and Take time out for your feminine side.”
- Ghazal Alagh is followed by more than 44k people on her Instagram account. She often posts her picture while travelling to different places along with her family members to keep her fans updated about her life.