Connect with us

Cosmopolitan

Families in Kawangware spend night in cold after gas cylinder fire

Published

on

CmaTrends

families-in-kawangware-spend-night-in-cold-after-gas-cylinder-fire

families-in-kawangware-spend-night-in-cold-after-gas-cylinder-fire

CmaTrends

CmaTrends

Kawangware Families Spend Night In The Cold After Gas Cylinder Fire

Kawangware families spend the night in the cold after a gas cylinder fire

“A woman was cooking and had placed the gas cylinder very close to the mabati wall which made it overheat and burst into flames,” during the interview with the witness.

Reports also indicate that no lives were lost in the incident – and no one was seriously injured even as rescue operations continued.

The fire came barely two weeks after a similar one happened in the same vicinity where property worth thousands of shillings was destroyed.

Several families in Kawangware 46 area spent the night in the cold following a fire outbreak that destroyed houses and properties worth millions.

Reports indicated that the fire which broke out on Saturday night, October 23, may have been caused by a gas cylinder in one of the houses.

“A woman was cooking and had placed the gas cylinder very close to the mabati wall, and which made it overheat and burst into flames,” a witness recounted at the interviews.

According to witnesses, the fire quickly spread to the neighboring houses – leaving a trail of destruction.

Area residents sprang to action to salvage property before firefighters from the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) responded to put out the fire which kept spreading like bush fire.

“I was not able to do save anything from my house because the fire and the smoke were overwhelming. I was only able to escape with my life and the clothes I am wearing. I don’t know where I will start from,” said Lucas Makokha, one of the victims of the incident.

Reports also indicate that no lives were lost in the incident – and no one was seriously injured even as rescue operations continued.

The fire came barely two weeks after a similar one happened in the same vicinity where property worth thousands of shillings was destroyed.

Area Nyumba Kumi elder James Karuri has appealed to area residents to be cautious when handling electricity and fire utilities while at home to avert such incidences.

With the rise in cases of fire outbreaks, the members of the public are being urged to be careful whenever they are using various sources of heat so that they can save not only their lives but also their properties, the firefighters are being called to alert respond to fire emergency issues when they occur.

The post Families in Kawangware spend night in cold after gas cylinder fire appeared first on CmaTrends.

Click to comment

Leave a Comment on CmaTrends

TRANSLATOR

Advertisement

Skip to toolbar