Age: 35 Years
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Debanjali Kamstra
- Debanjali Kamstra is an Indian architect. She is known for being the first contestant to represent United Arab Emirates at the Mrs World beauty pageant.
- Debanjali was and raised in Kolkata, West Bengal but later after completing her formal education in India, she moved to settle in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Soon after moving to Dubai, she started working as a cabin crew for the Emirates Airlines, largest airline and one of two flag carriers of the United Arab Emirates. Later in 2006, she started working as the Business Development Manager for a web development company called ‘ITechnoweb.’
- Debanjali Kamstra, in 2011,launched her own interior designing firm known as ‘Veloche Interior and Exhibition.’ The following year, she also got employed as the General Manager for Veloce Dubai, an interior design firm known for its professional and fast service for both the field of exhibition and interiors.
- Kamstra started her pageantry journey in 2021 after she got selected as the Mrs World UAE and earned the opportunity to represent United Arab Emirates at the Mrs World 2021 beauty pageant. According to Debanjali, she participated in the contest after one of her her close friend encouraged her to do it. During a media interaction, she narrated the incident as,
It was a friend who encouraged me to apply. I immediately got a call back from Mrs World saying they were surprised because no one from the UAE had ever applied before. We then did a couple of rounds of interviews before I was told I’d been selected as Mrs UAE World.”
- Debanjali Kamstra was announced at the second runner-up for the Mrs World 2022 held on 15 January 2022 in Las Vegas. Mrs America, Shaylyn Ford, was crowned as ‘Mrs World 2022′ and Mrs Jordan as the first runner-up for the competition.
- Debanjali Kamstra considers her mother as her role model. She also takes inspiration from Miss World 2000 Priyanka Chopra and Reem Al Hashimy. Talking about her inspirations in an interview, she said,
My mother is my role model, she inspires and motivates me, and she teaches me to be kind and strong at the same time. I also look up to two very inspiring women – Mrs Priyanka Chopra Jonas, the Indian actor, Miss World 2000 and an ultimate example of a successful woman and also Reem Al Hashimy, as she has proved to be one of the assets for UAE.”