Age: 40 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
Wife: Priya Dagar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aman Gupta
- Aman Gupta is an Indian businessman who is known for being the Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the electronic company boAt.
- In 2003, he started his career as an Assistant Manager in Citi Bank. In 2005, he worked as a CEO & Co-Founder of Advanced Telemedia Pvt Ltd. He started the company with his father.
- In 2011, he worked as a Senior Management Consultant (Strategy Services Group) at KPMG International Limited. In 2012, he switched to the company HARMAN International and worked as a Director in Sales. In 2014, he became the Co-Founder of the company Imagine Marketing India. In 2020, he did freelancing for the Internet and Mobile Association of India as a Chairman D2C Council.
- In 2016, he found the electronic company The first product made by his company, boAt, was an Apple charging cable and charger. It became the largest selling product on Amazon.
- The boAt is an Indian electronics brand that manufactures earphones, headphones stereos, travel chargers and premium rugged cables. The company, Imagine Marketing India, does business with boAt.
- In an interview, he said that to increase the demand for their products, they used to focus on the mindset of the youngsters, and added the features that they demanded in their products. He further added,
We talk to consumers in a language they understand. Millennials are very impatient, and if we don’t evolve with them, then we are dead.”
- According to him, he faced a lot of rejections in his life. In an interview, he said that during the initial days after he started the company, a digital agency demanded Rs 50,000 a month to work with them. He added that he could not afford to give such a huge amount to them, so he learned digital marketing and started doing social media marketing for boAt on his own.
- In 2021, he became one of the judges in the show ‘Shark Tank India.’ The show is based on the entrepreneurs who bring up their ideas to the show and convenience the judges to invest in their ideas. In an interview, he revealed that he used to watch many episodes of the American show, Shark Tank before he started his business.
- In 2021, he tied up with singer A.P. Dhillon for his brand. In an interview, he talked about him and said,
As a youth-centric, millennial-focused brand, we know that stars keep changing for young people, and that’s why they like Dhillon. I was surprised to learn that all his shows were sold out, even in Hyderabad and Goa.”
- In 2021, during the IPL, he did a campaign named ‘What Floats Your Boat’ with actors Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani.
- In 2021, he was also invited to the show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati,’ along with other sharks of the show ‘Shark Tank India.’
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.