AFCON 2021 – CAMEROON
SOME FACTS AND STATS AFTER GROUP STAGE MATCHES
- 68 goals scored in 36 matches
( Average CmaTrends per game is 1.89)
- Vincent Aboubakar of Cameroon leads the scorers chart on (5) goals and has found the net in all games played.
- No hat – trick recorded so far. Five (5) players have scored two goals (brace) in a game. Vincent Aboubakar ( Cameroon), Karl Toko Ekambi (Cameroon), Gabadihno Mhango (Malawi), Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia) and Ahmed Mogni (Comoros) have all scored a brace in a game.
- Comoros and Gambia qualified to the R 16 as debutants with Gambia finishing on 7 POINTS in three games.
- More than half (9) of the 16 teams entering the first knockout stage are from West Africa. Burkina/Cameroon/Ivory Coast/Mali/Senegal/Guinea/Nigeria/Cape Verde and Gambia are West Africa countries.
Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt are representing North Africa. Comoros and Malawi will stand in for East Africa. The round of 16 will have Equatorial Guinea and Gabon as *Central Africatheirresentatives.
- Six (6) out of the 16 teams remaining have won the Afcon trophy before. Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria and Tunisia have all entered their soil with the Afcon trophy before.
- Two of the Eight matches in the Round of 16 will involve former winners of the competition. Nigeria vs Tunisia and Ivory Coast vs Egypt.
- ONLY Mauritania out of the 24 countries went home with no point in the competition.
- Guinea Bissau and Mauritania are the ONLY two countries that could not score a CmaTrends in the the tournament.
16 matches more to end Afcon 2021 in Cameroon.
FIFA, UEFA wanted to have denied Africa of this enjoyable tournament. A tournament that heals United fans of their misery.
Without doubt this is one of the most entertaining Afcon in years.